VIEW THE NOMINATION VIDEOS FOR THE CSR ABROAD PRIZE
LM Wind Power India, ScanCom Vietnam and Danfoss India have been nominated for the CSR Abroad prize.
The nomination videos can be viewed here.
A six-member jury has nominated the three companies for the CSR Abroad prize, which will be presented to the winner at the CSR Awards in Holstebro on 30 October 2014, with the following motivations:
LM Wind Power India is nominated as the jury finds that:
- LM Wind Power has the ability to make sustainability the foundation of its global corporate strategy.
- Its use of sustainability Key Performance Indicators within the company – for managers as well as for workers.
- It has taken up the challenge of becoming best in class within occupational health and safety.
The jury also commends LM Wind Power’s risk-based approach to ethical supply chain management and comprehensive roll-out of its anti-corruption strategy.
ScanCom Vietnam is nominated because of its commitment to integrating CSR fully into its business strategy and throughout its operations. The Jury would like to highlight:
- ScanCom’s cooperation with the labour union on issues concerning workers’ labour rights and its commitment to the respect for human rights and labour rights as witnessed by its work towards an SA8000 certification in 2015.
- Its special bonus system for following CSR-related rules and procedures.
- Its systematic work within ethical supply chain management, including continuous follow-up with suppliers.
- Its leading role within the furniture industry for FSC certification to become a market condition within the industry.
Danfoss India has been nominated for its:
- Holistic use of sustainability in its business strategy and across its production facilities.
- Hands-on approach to responsibility in its supply chain and the implementation of its anti-corruption policy.
- New industrial complex where environmental protection and reutilisation is in focus.
- Several CSR activities for the local community, where the jury in particular notes its arrangement of vocational training to local unskilled youth.
The CSR Abroad prize is presented by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and IFU.
Read more about the event here.