IFU’s Sustainability Policy sets out IFU’s commitment to invest in sustainable development. It outlines the sustainability and responsible business conduct requirements that apply to IFU itself, IFU managed funds, IFU’s direct investments in the form of equity and loans to project companies, as well as investments in private equity funds, financial institutions and other financial intermediaries.
IFU’s commitments in relation to major global sustainability issues are clarified in underlying policies, that further explain IFU’s approach and implementation.
Overview of the Sustainability Policy and underlying policies:
All policies are based upon and aligned with international UN, ILO and OECD conventions, declarations, agreements and principles for sustainable development, including:
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- UNFCCC Paris Declaration
- Addis Ababa Action Agenda on Finance for Development
- UN Global Compact
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs)
- OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- UN Convention Against Corruption
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI)
- Equator Principles and Climate Action in Financial Institutions